Built to meet the creative demands of CG artists and modern production pipelines, V-Ray 3.0 for Maya is a full suite of physically-based lighting, shading and rendering tools tightly integrated into Autodesk Maya.
V-Ray 3.0 for Maya focuses on artist productivity and delivers a powerful new set of features and improvements to speed up lighting, look development and rendering workflows.
What’s new in V-Ray 3.3 for Maya?
- Render most scenes up to 20-50% faster with V-Ray 3.3 for Maya.
- New image sampler – new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler [VBAS] with better noise detection for cleaner, higher quality images.
- Automatic sampling of lights & materials – by default, the new Variance-based Adaptive Sampler evaluates lights and materials automatically. Now, setup is quicker and easier with fewer settings to adjust.
- GPU production rendering – V-Ray RT GPU is now available as a final frame production renderer.
- V-Ray scene file node
- V-Ray Clipper w/ render-time booleans
- Hosek sky & Aerial perspective
- Ray traced rounded corners
- Triplanar mapping
- Stochastic flakes
- V-Ray falloff texture
Important updates to V-Ray 3.3 for Maya
- Faster volume rendering
- Improved GPU rendering
- Improved global illumination
- Look development
- OpenSubdiv 3.0
- XGen improvements
- Refined and simplified UI
V-Ray 3.0 for Maya Key Features
Faster Ray Tracing and Rendering Performance – V-Ray 3.0 includes a number of overall speedups, and the new optimized ray tracing core performs significantly faster.
Faster Feedback – The new Progressive Image Sampler delivers instant feedback to artists and makes lighting and look development quicker and more intuitive.
More Powerful V-Ray RT – New in V-Ray 3.0, V-Ray RT renders directly in the Maya viewport and supports final frame rendering and animated sequences.
- V-Ray RT CPU uses the new Progressive Image Sampler and supports a full range of production features.
- V-Ray RT GPU now supports Render Elements.
Advanced Characters and Creatures – Improvements to character and creature workflows include optimized Hair and Fur, improved Subsurface Scattering and a new VRaySkinMtl shader.
Color Accurate Workflows – An improved V-Ray Frame Buffer adds Lens Effects and advanced color corrections for White Balance, Contrast, Hue,Saturation and Color Balance. The VFB is now dockable and supports LUTs, ICC, and OpenColorIO color management profiles.
Volume Rendering – V-Ray 3.0 includes optimized Phoenix FD volume shaders to render all types of volumetric effects including fluids, fire, smoke and heat haze.OpenVDB grids and Field3D voxel data can be imported and rendered as surfaces or volumes using the new VRayVolumeGrid node.
Production-Focused Tools – V-Ray 3.0 is designed to give artists more control and flexibility. New time-saving tools include Max Ray Intensity to clamp secondary rays, Probabilistic Light Sampling which determines optimized sampling based on lighting contributions, and Render Mask to specify exact render regions using an object selection or image mask.
Pipeline Compatibility and Support for Open Standards
- Alembic 1.5 for data interchange
- GLSL for OpenGL shaders
- OpenColorIO for accurate color management
- OpenEXR 2.2 and Deep Images
- OpenSubdiv including support for creases
- OpenVDB and Field3D for volumes
- OSL for programmable shaders
- Ptex for UV-less workflows
- UDIM and UVTILE for advanced texture workflows
Be sure to check out www.v-ray.com for a full list of V-Ray 3.0 for Maya features and improvements, videos and tutorials.
Information on System Requirements can be viewed here.
- 64-bit Autodesk® Maya® versions 2012 or later;